After travelling to more than 30 countries, I still reserve that Norway is one of my favourites. Why? Well, seriously, look at these photos! Incredible, right? Also, whenever I visit my family there, I always leave feeling refreshed! Is this by happenstance? I don’t think so. Continue reading “Happy, Healthy Norway | A Local’s Perspective”
Hamar is a charming Norwegian city that sits on the banks of Mjøsa, Norway’s largest lake. With my brother and his family living nearby, this was not my first trip to the sweet little city. I always leave Norway feeling refreshed with boosted wellbeing so on this trip I paid special attention to why this area of the world makes me feel fantastic –so I could share with you! Continue reading “5 Top Tips to Thrive in Hamar, Norway”
I explored this part of England on a whim and left feeling pleasantly refreshed. The quaint little English seaside town is the perfect weekend getaway for anyone who needs to get some fresh sea air and slow down. Interested? Here’s all you need to know!
How to get there? Frequent trains travel to Colchester from London Liverpool Street and take about 45 minutes. You can then get a 35-minute local bus to Mersea Island.
What to do? According to research, five things can help us feel happier, more positive and able to get the most out of life. As it turns out, Mersea Island is a great place to explore these Ways to Wellbeing and thrive.
So, here are my top tips for letting this little town re-fuel your soul according to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing:
- Connect | Meet some locals and enjoy the delicious, local oysters (or any seafood) at the West Mersea Island Oyster Bar.
- Be Active | Take a stroll on the beach or enjoy a mix of nature and seaside at the delightful Cudmore Grove Country Park.
- Be Mindful | Cruise around the island with Lady Grace Boat Trips and capture only one photo of the trip so that you can spend the rest of your time taking the scenery in and enjoying that moment.
- Keep Learning | If you’re up for a little adventure, try paddle boarding! Lessons are available for beginners. Or, if you’re an old pro on the SUP, rental paddleboards are also available.
- Give to Others | Support the local economy by enjoying a delicious coffee (or outdoor cinema night!) at The Gilt Rooms and/or sipping some local wine at the Mersea Island Vineyard.
Where to stay? I’d highly recommend finding a sweet little beach cottage on Airbnb; ours felt like a mini oasis! You can even get £30 off your booking if you open a new Airbnb account and use my link here! Make sure to follow the link and then open a new account to get the discount. If you already have an account, just make a new one with a different email address!
With these tips, you can leave Mersea Island feeling a boost of wellbeing that will hopefully bring you back into your daily routine with a refreshed perspective and skip in your step!
P.S. What things do you do in a new place to thrive?
Wishing you wellness,