(Gluten Free, Meat Free) Not a huge fan of broccoli? No problem! You’ll barely notice them in these little wonders. These gems are packed with flavour and veggies in all the right ways! Great for a quick snack or a tasty meal.
- 2 large broccoli stalks and heads (I only had one stalk so I also substituted the second stalk with 8 closed cup mushroom)
- 2 large spring (green) onions, finely sliced or 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 100 g (about 3/4 cup) or more of ground almond (I didn’t have ground almonds so I just used gluten free flour)
- 80 g (about 3/4 cup) Parmesan, grated
- A large handful of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro), parsley, dill or basil (I used coriander)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin, chill or smoked paprika (optional -add to taste)
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- Coconut oil to fry(to make trial patty)
- Preheat oven to fan 170C (325F)
- Grate whole broccoli on course teeth or throw in food processor.
- Combine all ingredients except the egg in a big bowl. Mix in one of the beaten eggs and don’t over mix to make the mixture too wet. If the mix is too wet, add more ground almond/gluten free flour. If it’s too dry, add as much of the other beaten egg as you needed.
- Take a spoonful to make a tester fritter and fry in a little coconut oil for a few minutes on each side. Try the fritter for flavour and add whatever seasoning you think is needed for the rest of the mixture.
- Once you’re happy with the flavour, shape the mixture, making about 30 patties 4cm (1.5in) in diameter and spread across 2 baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm. Here they are before hit the oven:
Source | Hemsley Hemsley, ‘The Art of Eating Well’
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lime/lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp or more of cayenne pepper, minced chili or jalepeño peppers to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Serve fritters warm/cold on a big bed of whatever greens you have in your fridge along with some red pepper or chopped tomatoes if you have them!
So Yum Yum. xoxo