(Gluten Free, Dairy Free | Whole30 & Paleo-Friendly) Back home in Wisconsin, USA, Friday is a notorious day for “Fish Fries,” which is exactly what it sounds like -a chance to eat the deep-fried fish special. In the spirit of Fishy Fridays, I thought I’d share my new favourite fish recipe that is much healthier than traditional fried fish! This Hemsley Hemsley salmon recipe is packed full of flavor with a chimichurri sauce that will surprise you in all the right ways! Enjoy!
Ingredients for the Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on (I used frozen fillets because they’re a bit cheaper!)
- 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil, for crispy skin
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
Ingredients for the Chimichurri Sauce
- 3 large handfuls of fresh parsley (stalks included if you’re blending it smooth)
- 1 small onion or shallot or 3 spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme (I did a little mix of both!)
- A fresh green chilli or a pinch of chilli powder, to taste
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F)
- To make the chimichurri sauce, use a knife or food process to finely chop all the ingredients together, then stir through the extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar at the last minute. Season to taste .The sauce can be blended quite chunky (traditional) or smooth, depending on your preference.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry, then season on both sides, rubbing the skin side with a little ghee or oil. Place in a frying pan (preferably one that can go in the oven), skin side down, and cook for a few minutes to get a crispy skin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the salmon hot with lime wedges and a big spoonful of chimichurri sauce. Alternatively, for a packed lunch, let the salmon cool, then flake and serve in a big salad with the chimichurri sauce as a dressing.
Source | Hemsley Hemsley, ‘The Art of Eating Well’