(Gluten Free | Can be Dairy Free and Paleo-Friendly) One goal I have for 2017 is to eat more fish…as you might be able to see from my previous blog post 🙂 I’ve never really considered myself a ‘fish person,’ but I’m finding new ways to eat the highly nutritious food in a way that I actually like! For this recipe, I was inspired by Whole Fork’s Fish Taco Bowl. This recipe ticks two really important boxes for me: super easy/quick (it took less than 30 minutes even with frozen fish) and incredibly tasty! Go try. I promise you won’t be disappointed. The below ingredients make salad bowls for two. Enjoy! xxx
- 2 white fish filets (I bought frozen)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- Two dashes of cayenne pepper and chilli flakes (optional, if you like a little spice)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salad bowl base (I used kale –of course- but you can use a cabbage coleslaw mix or whatever other greens you have about)
- Assorted veg, chopped (I would recommend a red or yellow pepper and red onion, but I didn’t have these so I used fresh tomatoes and roasted butternut squash that I had in my fridge)
- Salsa or pico de gallo to taste
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise + 2 Tbsp plain yogurt (you can make the dressing with 4 Tbsp of mayo if you’re going strict dairy free or use an almond/coconut yogurt instead of dairy yogurt)
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- Squeeze of lime/lemon juice
- Half a handful of fresh coriander (cilantro) (I didn’t have fresh so I used 2 Tbsp of dried coriander/cilantro)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F).
- Brush both sides of each fish filet with avocado oil. Season both sides of each filet with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chilli powder, chilli flakes (optional) and cayenne pepper (optional) to taste. Place both fish filets on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and crispy on the outside (if cooking from frozen).
- Smash avocado and season with salt, pepper and lime/lemon to taste.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, coconut milk and a squeeze of lime/lemon juice, adding enough milk to your desired dressing consistency. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and coriander (cilantro) to taste (about ¼ tsp of each seasoning).
- Put your salad base down and add fish, smashed avocado, assorted vegetables, salsa and top with dressing. Just look at this yumminess! xx