(Gluten Free, Vegan) My Kent Veg Box decided I needed to make this recipe with the seasonal, locally sourced carrots, leeks and mushrooms that were delivered to my door! I really had no choice in the matter 😉 Also, this recipe fulfils my big 3 requirements: easy, yummy and veggie-filled. Enjoy! xx
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 75 g (1 cup) fresh mushroom, sliced
- 3 leeks, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp dried thyme (or go with fresh thyme to taste –I put in a bunch of sprigs because I love it!)
- 200 g (1 cup) Arborio rice risotto
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 800 ml (3.5 cups) vegetable broth
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste (if dairy is your thing and you’re not vegan)
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, mushroom and leeks. Cook until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in rice with vegetables and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in a splash of red wine vinegar. Make sure to scrape up the bottom of the pan to get all the tasty brown bits mixed in!
- Add 200 ml (½ cup) at a time of vegetable broth. Stir the portions of broth constantly until the liquid is gone before you add another 200 ml (½ cup). When you add the last portion, leave a little extra liquid. It should look something like this!
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a little sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (if you’re into that) and some fresh thyme.
Tip: This is awesome the next day after all the flavours have fully soaked up so you can enjoy a packed lunch from this recipe as well!
Source | The Cookie Writer