(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free | Paleo-Friendly) I’ve heard a lot about collagen, but hadn’t properly tried it for myself until about a month ago. I love food and tend to not always be very well connected with my body –AKA I eat when I’m not actually hungry. So, I started using collagen, in part, to see if it would help me be more in tune with my body’s needs. I use one scoop a day in my oats, coffee or whatever and really do find that it helps me stay better connected with my hunger! Win! These little bites are awesome pick-me-ups for any afternoon energy slumps (that I get everyday). They’re especially good with a cup of coffee…
- ¼ cup (85g) honey (or maple syrup, to make vegan)
- ¼ cup (60g) peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 scoops Further Food Collagen (use discount code peanutbutterandbicycles10)
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- 1/3 cup (40g) walnuts or almonds
- ¼ cup (35g) sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax + 1 Tbsp chia seeds (I used a flax, chia, goji berry mix that I had)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Put liquid ingredients in large bowl and heat on stovetop (or throw in microwave) until coconut oil is melted. Mix in collagen and whisk ingredients until mixed fully.
- Stir dry ingredients into liquid base until well combined.
- Put parchment paper on bottom of bread tin. Pour mixture into tin and press down firmly. Refrigerate for a few hours until set and firm.
- Remove from bread tin with parchment paper and cut into squares. Individually wrap in tin foil and store in refrigerator.